Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Last updated: 1 June 2020
Hello to our valued Freycinet Experience network and thank you for taking the time to keep updated on our response to CO-VID 19 and its impacts on our industry and (potentially) your travel plans!
Following the Tasmanian Premier’s announcement surrounding travel restrictions for non-essential travellers to Tasmania, we made the difficult but necessary decision to wind down our operations slightly earlier than the norm, finishing our season in early April 2020.
Going forward, Freycinet Experience will resume operations in October 2020 – just as the wild flowers wake, echidnas trundle out of their winter slumber and southern right and humpback whales follow their seasonal migration routes north to calf.
We understand that your health and safety on our experiences will be paramount when we reopen. As such, we’ve put together a CO-VID 19 Ready Plan! All of our practices are continually informed by the latest information, protocols and official health advice.
For those of you who prefer the facts, here they are:
• We are closed for operations April 2020 – 1 October 2020.
• Our four-day walking experience departures will recommence in October 2020.
• We will be strictly following all best practice official health and governmental advice when we reopen.
For information on how we have adapted our terms and conditions to support you in placing your booking during these times, scroll down or click here
Our CO-VID 19 Safety Measures
Your safety always comes first. In addition to our regular suite of safety measures, we have developed a set of CO-VID 19 best practice protocols to ensure the health and well being of everyone involved in your Freycient Experience.
Find a list of our CO-VID 19 safety measures here. We will continue to update our practices as recommended by Government and Health Authorities.
During these times, we thank you for your understanding and support. As always, we are genuinely appreciative of our suppliers, trade partners and our guests past and present whose commitment to, and interest in, our product allows us to keep on doing what we love!
If you would like to touch base, we are only an email or phone call away. We understand that sometimes it is nicer to have a chat and we will continue to keep our office operational during this time. Contact Isaac and Zoe on (+61 3) 6223 7565 to discuss your experience.
Alternatively, you can contact us via the enquiry form below click here
We look forward to sharing some of the world’s cleanest air, crisp oceans, wild open coastlines and pristine bushlands when we return. Being as remotely situated as we are, we hope to offer a space for individual travellers, groups of reuniting families and friends, and all those in-between to retreat, reset and reconnect.
Contact us via the enquiry form below click here to discuss our group booking or tailored experience and pricing options.
During these uncertain and difficult times, we all need something to look forward to on the other side! We are committed to bringing you a safe, secluded and five star nature immersion experience and look forward to sharing our beach side eco-lodge and stunning Peninsula with you over our 2020/21 Season.
We also understand that it can be difficult to place a booking with such uncertainty.
As such, we have amended our terms and conditions to support you in making a booking with confidence.
Changes to Deposit Fees…
In addition to the terms and conditions below, for the period 1 June 2020 – 9 August 2020, we are waiving all deposit fees on new bookings. With a $0 deposit you can book now without paying a cent until August 2020 (at 9 August 2020, we would ask for the initial deposit, in line with those terms and conditions below). We are hopeful that this will bring some comfort to your travel planning.
Changes to our Terms and Conditions…
For new and current bookings on scheduled departures in our 2020/21 Season (Oct 2020 – April 2021) the following terms and conditions apply:
• You will continue to pay an initial deposit to secure your booking (outside of our 1 June – 9 August 2020 promotion).
• A full refund will be available for cancellations made more than 21 days in advance of the departure date, where the cancellation is due to CO-VID 19 related reasons (as defined below).
• Alternatively, guests may wish to reschedule later into 2021. In this instance, those funds paid are retained to secure the transferred booking.
• For cancellations made within 21 days of the departure date (due to CO-VID 19 related reasons as defined below), guests will be able to postpone their experience and transfer their booking.
For those guests who have already transferred their booking, or are considering doing so, please be assured that, for all transfers due to CO-VID 19 related reasons, we will honour the rate available at the time of the original booking.
All cancellations or amendments that are not due to CO-VID 19 related reasons (as defined below) will be subject to our existing terms and conditions. If you would like to take a look, they are available here.
For the purposes of the Terms and Conditions above, CO-VID 19 related reasons mean:
1. If you are diagnosed with COVID-19 prior to your departure date;
2. If you are directed by a Government official or medical practitioner to self-isolate due to a close, casual or secondary contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19;
3. If you have travelled outside of Australia in the 14 days prior to cancellation and present with any symptom(s) consistent with COVID-19, including any flu or cold-like symptom(s);
4. If the Department of Health defines you within a COVID-19 “at-risk category”, including people aged 65 and over, and/or you have declared a pre-existing medical condition (already identified through our booking process) that prevents travel at the time of cancellation;
5. If Government policy (domestic or foreign) relevant to your residential address or travel circumstances directly impacts your capacity to travel; OR
6. You are employed in a frontline health role and are required to work.
Connect with us on our social media channels! As many of you are working from home or in isolation, we will provide some beautiful images, reading suggestions and video content to bring a smile. Let us bring our people, the Freycinet National Park, it’s critters and all their beauty to you!
Get in Touch